Why F.R.I.E.N.D.S Is A Must Watch TV Show
The TV Show F.R.I.E.N.D.S came as a blessing in every teenager’s life with its debut in the 1970s ie. almost 26 years back , with the story spinning around six people who are each other’s best friends The show is set in New York with each character attempting to get everything in order in their life. With it;s closing Episode in the tenth season in 2004, the whole world said farewell to these six individuals with a heavy heart. This TV show not just made an enormous spot in the hearts of millions around the world, additionally set a staggeringly exclusive expectation for the numerous more sitcoms to come. How we wish this series could go on forever and ever but alas! it’s not possible it had to end someday or the other and moreover if things are stretched they become monotonous and boring.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S was more than only a TV show: it is a MUST WATCH for today’s generation forget today’s it is a MUST WATCH for every generation. It was crisp, new, and unordinary when contrasted with alternate shows going ahead at the time. It reverberated with youths to a degree that it would be a huge sensation even in the coming eras and every generation can watch and relate with practically everything depicted in the show. Not all shows have that sort of an effect, and that is the reason F.R.I.E.N.D.S will stay evergreen for a considerable length of time to come.
For those of you who haven't watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S yet, let me explain to you why this show is one of the best shows ever to be broadcast on TV and is a MUST WATCH atlas according to my point of view.
1. You can relate with atleast one of the characters or with things going on in a character’s life, all the characters are simple having a realistic life and problems that any normal teenager would go through thus easier for us to relate with.
2. Independent Rachel, Obsessive Monica, Weird Phoebe, Intellectual Ross, Joey- The Flirt, Humorous Chandler Bing, these are some of the character traits of the characters in this show. We are sure to find atleast one of these in every group of friends even today.
3. The jokes and the puns made by Chandler and at times Phoebe will crack you up.
4. Some of the episodes you can watch over and over again and never get bored of them. Example Season 1, Episode 7: "The One With The Blackout”, Season 3, Episode 2: "The One Where No One's Ready”, Season 5, Episode 9: "The One With Ross' Sandwich”,
5. It teaches you the real meaning of friendship and that friendships go deeper than face value or materialistic value. It teaches you to be a good friend and a good person, something found to be very rare these days. It teaches you that even Best Friends fight but eventually they make up.
6. Ross’s life would make you believe in love all over again. And it makes us believe that no matter what you go through in life eventually there’s a happy ending in everybody’s in some way or the other.
I promise you that it won’t take you long to pick up your favourite character and take their side. Also by the end of the show you are sure to want a successful career like Rachael’s and a love life like Monica and Chandler’s!
- Vani Matta